These are experiences I’ve had in Northern Michigan since we’ve moved here. I’m not counting things I did when I was a kid and vacationed up here.
- Sailed on a tall ship–and helped hoist the sails
- Toured the Spanish Tall Ship, El Galeon
- Went on a large inflatable boat on Grand Traverse Bay
- Driven across the beautiful Mackinac Bridge
- Climbed up Castle Rock
- Eaten pasties in the Upper Peninsula
- Driven through the Tunnel of Trees (M-119)
- Taken a autumn color tour on beautiful M-22
- Rode a ski lift to enjoy the beautiful autumn colors
- Visited two lighthouses
- Grand Traverse Lighthouse
- Old Mission Lighthouse
- Stood on the frozen waters of Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan
- Gone sledding down the driveway–many times!
- Built snowmen, including a dalek
- Had deer and turkeys wander through our property
- Enjoyed Pileated Woodpeckers
- Went hunting for Petoskey stones along Lake Michigan
I would like to do the following. I will add to this list as I think of more things to do.
- Visit more lighthouses
- Go to an ice and/or snow sculpture festival
- Go parasailing
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Take a (private) polar bear plunge
- See a Snowy Owl
- Go snowshoeing
- Drive through the many orchards in the spring
- Go to Mackinac Island
- Go on Mac Wood’s Dune Rides
Please share with others!