This recipe from Allrecipes.com is one of our favorites. We call it “Salsa Soup.” It is very delicious.
- 1 quart water
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, medium or hot
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large stock pot, bring water, carrots, potatoes, onion, salsa, and bouillon cubes to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, and milk together in a bowl. Form into 1-inch meatballs, and drop into boiling broth. Once soup returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender. Serve with sprinkled cilantro for garnish.
Please share with others!